Tuesday, February 2, 2016

January 2016 Resolution Report

Woah guys, it's February already! January really flew by!  I think I did a pretty decent job on my resolutions this month. I had a few setbacks, but that's ok! I have 11 more months to work on these resolutions :) How are you doing on yours?


Rundown:
-Exercise at least three times a week for 20 minutes unless sick or on vacation. I was doing pretty spectacular on this resolution until MLK weekend. I was playing an arcade version of hopscotch and twisted my ankle! I know, it's kind of a ridiculous story, but I swear it's true!  I fractured my ankle and ended up in a boot. I count being in a boot as "sick," so I still stuck to my resolution!
Das boot
-Improve self-esteem. I have a workbook that targets self-esteem and I completed the first module. It's a start!

-Eat 6-8 servings of fruits and veggies. I'm doing this pretty much every week day, but I'm having trouble keeping up with this on the weekend since we typically eat out and eat crap. I've been making smoothies for breakfast that have 3 servings and that really helps! 

-Prioritize nature over drinking. I have definitely been working on this one! I went on two hikes in January and limited my alcohol intake :)
Our New Year's Day hike.

-Have another no-spend month like Jon and I did a few years ago. Gearing up to do this in February! We've already made non-spending plans with friends like hiking and girls' nights in!

-Reserve my time for things that are important to me like rest, dates with the hubby, exercise and hiking. This is going really well! We've been using the calendar a lot more than before and it's ensure that we go to the gym when we say we're going to, make time for friends, schedule hair cuts, time to go over resolutions, etc. Check out this sweet calendar:
Exercise, work stuff, lunch together, hair cut, fun stuff with friends, it's all there!
-Eat foods from other countries. 6 this month! I had American, Mexican, Japanese, Lebanese, English and Thai food this month. It was all wonderful! It was my first time having Lebanese food and it was spectacular!

-Practice better self-care. I made time for family, friends, my husband and most importantly, myself! I read 10 books, bought a coloring book, watching some of my favorite movies, ate delicious ice cream, hosted a game night, finished my tattoo sleeve, went to the doctor when I needed to, slowed down when I found out I fractured my fibula, and had an all around good time :)

-Enlist support. I did! I asked my Portland friends to go on hikes with me, set up night's out with friends in which we tried ethnic foods, ate fruits and veggies with my cousin when she came to visit and shared my goals with people to see if they had advice.

Halfway through out 5 mile hike through my neighborhood then the forest! This is after having a veggie scramble breakfast and before our peach smoothies! 
All in all, I'd say that it was a great month! Can't wait for February :)

No comments:

Post a Comment