Saturday, August 10, 2013

July 2013 Resolution Report


July flew right past me! I'm still in shock that it's already August. We made some great progress on our 2013 Resolutions!  We celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary this month!  One of my resolutions is to be more thankful & I gotta say that I am thankful each and every day that I've spent with my hubby!  


One of our resolutions was to run a 5K this year. We accomplished this goal back in March, so now we're striving to do better. The picture below is of the hubby and I after beating our record 5K times at the gym! I'm so glad to have this man running by my side :)
Another one of my resolutions is to hit a healthy BMI so along with the running we've been doing other forms of exercise.  For Independence Day we decided to take on the local river! We swam for about an hour that day & it was absolutely amazing! We were exhausted afterwards, but it was well worth it :)
 I didn't lose much weight throughout July, but I am still incredibly proud of my progress.  I started my lifestyle change over a year ago and have lost 55 pounds!  I'm still in shock that this is how I look now:
 I made a resolution to go outside more & we found an amazing deal online to go out to a resort for dinner & a ride through the park to see the animals.  We had a great time!
 We got to see this zebra!
 And this amazing giraffe!
 And we got to feed them, too!!!
One of the resolutions that we've been slacking on is trying new recipes, but this month we made a big effort to do at least one new recipe every week & ended up doing two or three!  We made a Flatbread BLT with Avocado that was out of this world!!

Here's hoping to a great August! Good luck in your resolutions, friends :)

1 comment: