Saturday, July 6, 2013

June 2013 Resolution Report

We made it to the halfway mark of the year!!!  I can honestly say that I feel great about my 2013 Resolutions thus far. Sure, I have days or weeks where I'm not totally happy with my results, but it's still been great overall.  We still use each Sunday to discuss our progress and although it can be frustrating, it's also rewarding to know that we're sticking to our plan.

Beautiful flowers from my family!
June is my absolute favorite month of the year. This mostly has to do with the fact that it's my birth month! I did have some setbacks, but I'm not going to let it get me down!  My weight has been fluctuating during June, so I'm at the same weight as the start of the month.  I've been exercising A LOT more and doing more strength training, so I know that I'm on track despite what the scale says!  I can see muscle definition which is something that I've never been able to say about my body!  Another thing that I'm not very proud of, but I'm using as a learning opportunity, is that I complained a ton when we went camping...then again afterwards.  The people next to us were incredibly loud even during quiet hours and their kids kept running through our campsite which was making Bones very uneasy.  My resolution is to complain less and my underlying goal is to complain about the situation once instead of multiple times to everyone that I talk to.  I did not follow this goal at all.  My sweet hubby kept reminding me, but I focused on that negative experience instead of all of the amazing ones when we went camping and went to sleep angry. I'm not proud, but I'm learning and trying harder than ever!

Anyway, on to the positive! I read four more books during June! I've been sticking to chick lit since it makes me happy :)  I was able to read a whole book during our camping trip alone. I've also been reading as I wait for my shuttle to/from work. 
Another resolution is to spend time outside enjoying the sunshine.  We've instituted nightly 2 mile walks with our younger dog at least 4 times a week around the neighborhood, water aerobics once per week in the outdoor pool near us and I walk to/from the work shuttle as often as I can.  I even bought a cute hat for my walks to protect my head and keep the sunshine out of my eyes! Other than that we've been tubing...
  eating... 
 camping...
and visiting farms all outside. 
The cute hat that I mentioned earlier :)
 I have so much to be thankful for from the month of June!  I had an absolutely spectacular birthday!  Another couple spent the weekend with us to celebrate and we had so much fun visiting with them :)  On Saturday, another couple came down and then the three guys stayed at home and cooked, while the three ladies went to the spa! We got massages, body scrubs, manicures and pedicures.  Then when we got back our 5 course meal was waiting for us! All my hubby's idea :)
Night of the dinner in our spiffy clothes.
Sunday, we went tubing!
Another thing that I'm thankful for is an amazing workplace. We had tie day to celebrate Father's Day, so I went to work with one of my hubby's ties that I had tied into an Eldredge Knot (used a youtube video).  I won a $25 gift card for best knot!
The morning of my birthday, I woke up really early and went to work to eat breakfast with some of my residents (I'm a social worker at a long-term care facility) and one of my residents had this card for me: 
The inside says shmetiquette!
Also, I got a new dress :)

Congratulations everyone to making it halfway through 2013!  I hope that you're doing well on your resolutions :)  Keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment