Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Picnic Basket Party Favors

I recently had a Potluck Picnic in the park with some friends and I wanted to make sure that everyone left with a unique favor.  I was thinking of getting little buckets, but the price on those sure adds up!  Then, it came to me one day that I could turn paper bags into little picnic baskets!  Luckily, what I imagined worked out and I ended up with some adorable favors!

Instructions:
  • Cut off the top of the sack. I cut roughly an inch. Cut the piece in half then save this piece for later in the craft.
  • Fold the top of the bag down and outward then roll down until you get to your desired height. I rolled mine down about 3 times.
  • Remember that little strip from the top that you cut in half earlier? Now is the time to put that slip of paper to good use. Staple each side of the strip on the inside of your paper sack to create the handle.
  • The staple job doesn't have to be perfect! Here's a close-up shot of the staple: 
  • Fill your baskets with goodies and marvel at how great they look!

I hope that you enjoy this craft as much as I did!  You could put a number of things in your basket for your party-attendees depending on the theme and type of party you're having. I filled mine with candy, bubbles & cups/plasticware.  

No comments:

Post a Comment