Saturday, June 1, 2013

Computer Monitor into Picture Frame Transformation

Great news! I've got a new craft to share. Bad news :( I forgot to take pictures along the way! Sorry folks! I will try my best to explain each step.

I used my techie hubby to help me with this project. The monitor was his and it had been in the closet for at least a year collecting dust.  He does this thing where he tells me that he'll reuse old computer parts, but then they just sit in a box for years!  Of course, if you've seen my craft table (and surrounding areas!) then you'd know that I'm not any better at letting precious items go!

The first step was for the hubby to open the monitor & remove the screen. I purchased a few brooches at Goodwill and glued them to the monitor. I then took it to my spray paint area aka the porch & sprayed the whole thing black. I also spray painted the plain white screen from inside of the monitor. Here are two close-ups of the brooches:

While waiting for it to dry, I printed this amazing photo that my friend Meagan from Big Clumsy Boots to go inside of my new frame:
Isn't that a great shot!?  Meagan is an amazing person and talented photographer. I strongly encourage you to check out her blog: Big Clumsy Boots.

Once everything dried, I used double sided tape to secure the picture to the once-white-now-spray-painted-black screen from the monitor. My husband then put the monitor back together with the picture inside and we were left with this:

I'm so excited about how it turned out!  I loved the picture from the moment I laid eyes on it & I'm so glad that I found a way to display it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment