If you've reading any of my camping posts then you know that I LOVE grilling and eating Tin Foil dinners! The best part about making Tin Foil dinners is that you can throw just about anything in the foil packet & grill it. This time we decided to experiment with adding beans to the mix! It turned out amazingly delicious! There's a printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- 1 lbs of Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 2 Tbsp of Plan Bread Crumbs
- 1 Can of Pork and Beans
- Cooking Spray
- A pinch of your Seasoning of Choice
- Aluminum Foil
- Get your charcoal going so that it's ready for the foil packets. You want to make sure to wait until the charcoal is just right before you start cooking.
- Get out two large sheets of aluminum foil and spray them with cooking spray.
- Mix the meat with the bread crumbs and seasoning.
- Make two round-ish patties out of the mixture and place them on the aluminum foil.
- Open up the can of pork and beans then pour half of the can on each beef patty.
- Chop up your veggies into nice slices. Before each camping trip, we prepare by chopping the veggies and placing them in pyrex containers. It saves time & it means that I don't have to bring extra utensils to the campsite with me!
- Throw your veggies on top of the beef patty and pork & beans.
- Fold the aluminum foil into nice square packets. Be sure to leave space on each side for the food to spread out a bit.
- Throw those packets on the grill and wait 25-30 minutes depending on how done that you like your meat. Cut the middle of the beef and you'll know when it's ready when it's reached your desired "pinkness."
- Unfold, grab a fork and dig in!
Look at that happy husband! All from a delicious meal :D
If you would like to print the recipe card then please click here or the recipe card below. It will take you to Google Drive where you can simply click the printer icon.