Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Summer Passport 2013

I saw on idea on Pinterest recently in which the blogger made a passport for visiting different restaurants.  I was intrigued by the idea, but I wanted the goal of my summer to be seeing the sites instead of eating around the sites, so I came up for a summer passport filled with places to go visit around where I live.  The goal is to go to all of the places by the end of the summer. Wish me luck!
Materials:
  • Leather
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Markers/Pens/Pencils
  • Scissors
  • Stapler
  • Fabric Markers
  • Glue
Instructions:
  • Cut your leather so that you have 2 passport sized pieces. Cut the scrapbook paper to size then fold it in half twice. Below you can see the size of my paper then the first fold and the second. The size after folding should be the same size as your leather. 
  • Next stack your scrapbook paper (I used three sheets, but you can change it up depending on how many pages you need), then staple at the crease so that you are left with a little booklet.
  • Glue the leather to the front and back of your booklet. I used E600 since it's my favorite stuff!  I put a book on top of the passport after gluing each side then let it dry for roughly 30 minutes. 
  • Write the names of the places that you'll be going on the inside pages. I have 10 pages & I wrote down one site per page. The rest of the page will be for mementos from the site.  I'll be sure to post the filled out passport at the end of the summer!
 
  • Write or draw whatever you'd like on the front with your fabric markers. 
 Now you're ready for an adventurous summer!  There are so many amazing things to do from museums to gardens to theaters to parks to historical sites! Find out what's in your area and make a plan to go.  You'll be glad that you did :)


No comments:

Post a Comment