Thursday, May 9, 2013

April 2013 Resolutions Report

I have another great report on our resolutions! April was a whirlwind because we had so much going on, but we managed to stick to our resolutions. We went to California for my mom's wedding (I cried!), I had my last week with Child Protective Services which required a bunch of overtime, my hubby started grad school, my dad visited from Kazakhstan for a week and I started my new job as a Long-term care Social Worker at a nursing home. It was busy, but we stuck to what we set out to do this year :)

We completed two 5Ks in April. One of the races was themed famous couples, so we went as Tony Stark and Pepper Potts.  It's hard to tell, but my hubby's shirt has an Arc Reactor!

I still made progress on my resolution to lose weight and get down to a healthy BMI despite a vacation!  My weight fluctuated a bit, but I still lost 4 pounds overall!  I love this picture because I look especially small compared to Megatron!
One of my goals is to spend more time focusing on the positive this year. It was hard not to at my mom's wedding!  I was the Matron of Honor and gave a toast to my beautiful mother and new step-father. I'm so excited for them and their new life together!
It was easy to get some reading done with 2 plane trips in April!  I have read 13 books so far this year!  That was 5 books in April alone. As you can see, my bookmark is filling up!
 One of my resolutions was to be more thankful.  This is a hard one to really define and say whether or not I have been more thankful each week during our resolution check-in.  In one of my books, the main character writes down her "Trio of Blessings," each night. I took this idea and tweaked it just a bit. I now write down three things that I'm thankful for each night in this journal. They have to be things from that day and they have to be specific. So instead of "my husband," I put "I'm thankful that my husband made dinner tonight because I was tired." Speaking of my husband, he's been thinking of three things to be thankful for every night as well! I'm thankful for his support :)

How are your resolutions going now that we're in May?  If you've strayed, don't just give up!  There is over half of the year left to get back on track!  I'll admit that I'm not doing so well on my resolution to be more adventurous in the kitchen, but I have been making a more concentrated effort thanks to my love, Pinterest. Good luck :)

1 comment:

  1. I really like these little updates on your resolutions! Seeing you guys succeed in your goals helps us to keep motivated too! Here's to a great second half of the year! :D

    ReplyDelete