Saturday, February 2, 2013

January 2013 Resolution Report

I posted about my 2013 resolutions at the start of the year in this post: 2013 Resolutions and I let you all know that I'd be checking in throughout the year to update everyone on my progress.  Thankfully, I'm still going strong and have definitely made some progress on my resolutions!  


One of the resolutions was to run a 5K.  The hubby and I are currently halfway through the 5K Your Way Rookie Running Program from SparkPeople.com.  There have been some tough days in the program and I have felt like just lying down part way through a run, but we have completed 4 weeks exactly as instructed and we're ready for week 5!
Another resolution was to hit a healthy BMI this year.  I've been using SparkPeople.com to track my weight, nutrition and exercise since the start of the year.  I also read their articles, post on the team boards, read their success stories and use their exercise videos.  It's helped me tremendously!  As you can see from the nifty SparkPeople weight report, so far this year, my weight is on the decline and I have lost 11 pounds!  I am currently 23 pounds away from hitting a healthy BMI.
Our most delicious resolution was to be more adventurous in the kitchen.  Above is a picture of a Mexican Flatbread Pizza. I had no idea that people used flat bread for pizzas!  Now, we've made flat bread pizzas twice since the one pictured above!  We also made Lemon-Roasted Tempeh and Tomatoes with Arugula and Basil Farro which used 5 ingredients that I had never cooked with before.  It turned out absolutely amazing :D  One of the new recipes that we made and I later blogged about was Colorful Creole Sausage with Beans and Rice.  Each recipe was well worth the risk of doing something new!
Since I try my best to turn everything into a craft, I made the bookmark above to help me out with my resolution to read more.  When you complete a book, you write its title onto one of the book spines on the bookmark!  The printable is available from the Handmade Hezzah Vife. I've completed three books this year and I'm part way through my fourth, though in the picture you can see I was still working on my third (only two books have names).  I have been using GoodReads.com to get suggestions for new books to read. 

Thanks to our Google Calendar weekly reminder to go over our resolutions, we have had no trouble keeping up with our resolutions for the year.  I am very happy to report that we're doing swell!  How are your resolutions going? What helps you stick to them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment