This blog is long overdue with Thanksgiving being nearly two months ago, but better late then never, right? Baking a Thanksgiving Turkey is one of my absolutely favorite things to do because I have many wonderful recipes for the leftovers! This one is sort of a Thanksgiving tradition for my dad to make and he passed down his secret ingredient to me. I like you guys so much, that I'll share that ingredient ;) There's a printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- 1 Cup of Shredded Leftover Turkey
- 2 Cups of Leftover Veggies (I used frozen corn & peas)
- 1 Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of Thyme
- 2 Cups of Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Cup of the Secret Ingredient (you'll find out soon!)
- 2 Cups (1 pkg) of Shredded Cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Mix turkey, veggies, soup, milk and seasonings in the pan. Top with mashed potatoes. If your potatoes are a bit hard or lumpy then add some extra milk or sour cream to whip them up. Next comes the secret ingredient!
- Next sprinkle 1 cup of crushed potato chips on top. This adds a crunch and a bit of salt to the mix. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with cheese, then bake for 5 minutes.
Click on the picture below to print the Recipe Card. It will lead you to a Google Documents page in which you can click the printer icon.