Sunday, December 9, 2012

Cocoa and Company Party

I love hosting parties!  They're my chance to show off my culinary talents, decorating skills and creativity :)  I have been pretty busy at work, so I haven't had a get-together at my apartment in a year, so it was time to remedy that!  It started with the idea of having a hot cocoa bar, so we named the party Cocoa and Company and then my ideas just kept growing!


I started out by making an invitation in Word to mail to everyone.  As you can see, my invitation-making skills aren't so great, but it got the message across!

The Food
 These are my ornament brownies.  We cut the brownies into circles and then decorated them using icing and m&ms.
 A close-up of the ornament brownie.
 Raspberry poinsettia cookies from Betty Crocker
 My veggie tree was incredibly festive!  This Christmas tree was made with broccoli and celery; the garland is yellow pepper; the ornaments are radishes, cherry tomatoes and sliced carrots; the star is cubed cheese.  We also had ranch dip for the veggies.
Chips and salsa are a staple of any party!

{Not Pictured}
I made bagel pizza bites, then cut them to resemble candy canes.  They actually looked more like pac-man!

The Hot Cocoa Bar
We have cups and spoons on the left, white hot cocoa & regular hot cocoa on the stove, then marshmallows and stirring sticks on the right.  We cut a plastic table cloth and wrote "Hot Cocoa Bar" on it to hang above everything.
 Regular marshmallows, peppermint marshmallows then stirring sticks which are peppermint sticks dipped in chocolate.
Chocolate whipped cream, frozen cool whip that has been cut into shapes using cookies cutters and then alcohol to add to the cocoa.

Mug Decorating
We found a craft on Pinterest in which you draw on a mug with sharpies and then bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, so we set it up for everyone to do their own DIY party favor mug.
 Everyone decorating their mugs.
Our mug.
 Another beautifully decorated mug!
The Photo Booth
This is our photo booth back-drop.  It's crepe streamers hanging from a fishing line that was strung across the porch.  Then we hung large bulb Christmas lights around the sides and top.
 These are our Christmas props from Oh Happy Day.  We printed the props then hot glued skewers to them. 
More photobooth props!  We had Santa hats, antlers, a polaroid frame and a wreath.

Here are some shots from the photo booth:











The party was fun and it was great to see all of my friends.  I'll definitely be planning more parties in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment