Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012 Round Up

It was another fun Halloween celebration this year.  We decorated, baked pumpkin goods, carved pumpkins, handed out candy and as is our yearly tradition, we watched It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.

My little hamburger! 


My adorable hotdog!
Our family at PetSmart for the Howl-O-Ween Event.
 
They won 2nd & 3rd place!
 
 Our spooky skull doorknocker. 
 Our apartment decorations. It was so fun decorating! 
 I got a before picture of the pumpkin, but completely forgot to take an after shot!
Our very small bowl of candy.  We only got one trick-or-treater!
 My candy corn nails.  I did this by first painting the nails white, then doing the top yellow.  I very carefully swiped the orange across the middle to create the candy corn look!
 My bloody nails! I painted them completely white first. Next, I dipped a toothpick into the red nail polish and did three dots of red at the top of each nail. I used the pointy end of the toothpick to pull the polish down and create the dripping look.  Adorably gruesome nails!
 I asked for orange bands for this Halloween! I even decorate my braces :D
 We went on a cemetery tour through the parks and recreation Department in town.  We made 6 stops at the graves and met 7 different people buried in the cemetery that told us their story.  This was the first stop of the night.
 This is before beginning the tour.  It was really fun!
My goodness, trying to watch this Charlie Brown Special turned into quite the event!  We've watched it every year for the last three years, so it's become a tradition.  We've always watched it through hulu.com, but this year, it wasn't on hulu.  I looked around on a few other websites to see if I could find it, then looked at online rental programs, but couldn't find it anywhere.  We decided that we might as well go ahead and buy it since it's a tradition.  So I went to BestBuy, bought it and went home.  I get home and find out that the disc is broken, so we go back to return it & I tell the guy at the customer service desk that I got a rock *queue sad Charlie Brown music.  He proceeds to tell me that it was the only copy in their store.  Thankfully, Target next door had a copy & the night was saved :)

How was your Halloween?  Do you have any fun yearly traditions?

1 comment:

  1. Well, my Halloween was . . . eerily similar to this post! EEK!

    ReplyDelete