The corner of my bedroom was pretty boring, so I went to Pinterest and found inspiration in the many yarn chandeliers. Every website seemed to have a different "recipe" for the solution to make the yarn stiffen, so I took from all of them and came up with my own!
- Punch Ballons (they're perfectly round!)
- 1/2 Bottle of Glue
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- Yarn or Twine
- Create a space for this messy project. We spread out garbage bags on the floor then tied a line between two chairs over the bags.
- Blow up your punch balloons and tie them to the line, then cover them in vaseline.
- Mix the glue, water and cornstarch together in a bowl.
- Feed the twine through the mix and wrap it around the punch balloon. My husband and I worked together on that one. He moved the twine through the mix and pulled the excess mix off of the twine then handed it to me so that I could wrap it around the balloons.
- Once you are finished wrapping the twine around the balloons, wait 24 hours then pop the balloon.
We spray painted ours brown then hung them from the ceiling and voila; a more more interesting corner!