Sunday, October 7, 2012

Yarn Chandelier


The corner of my bedroom was pretty boring, so I went to Pinterest and found inspiration in the many yarn chandeliers.  Every website seemed to have a different "recipe" for the solution to make the yarn stiffen, so I took from all of them and came up with my own!


Materials needed:
  • Punch Ballons (they're perfectly round!)
  • Vaseline
  • 1/2 Bottle of Glue
  • 1/4 Cup Water
  • 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
  • Yarn or Twine

 Directions:
    •  Create a space for this messy project.  We spread out garbage bags on the floor then tied a line between two chairs over the bags.  
    • Blow up your punch balloons and tie them to the line, then cover them in vaseline.
    • Mix the glue, water and cornstarch together in a bowl.
    • Feed the twine through the mix and wrap it around the punch balloon.  My husband and I worked together on that one.  He moved the twine through the mix and pulled the excess mix off of the twine then handed it to me so that I could wrap it around the balloons.
    • Once you are finished wrapping the twine around the balloons, wait 24 hours then pop the balloon.



    We spray painted ours brown then hung them from the ceiling and voila; a more more interesting corner!



    No comments:

    Post a Comment