My mom made a dish that she called "Taco Ring" growing up. It was my favorite recipe that she made and I've taken that recipe and made some changes. Mine isn't a ring anymore and I added some creaminess with the cream cheese, but it is still much like my momma's recipe :)
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 8 ounce package of Cream Cheese (softened)
- 2 packages of Crescent Rolls
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 Tomato (diced)
- 1 can of Sliced Olives
- 1 Cup (half a bag) of Shredded Mexican Shredded Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook beef over medium high heat until it is fully cooked and there is no more pink, then drain the grease.
- Break the cream cheese into blocks and add to the beef.
- Add the can of Rotel to the beef and cream cheese then mix until the cream cheese has completely melted
- Attach two crescent rolls together, so that there are 8 rectangles
- Add roughly 1/4 cup of the beef mix to the crescent rolls.
- Close each crescent and try to press down the edges. Some beef will still be showing on some of the pockets.
- Bake for 13 minutes then remove from the oven. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the pockets then place them back in the oven for another minute.
- Remove the pockets from the oven and add the diced tomatoes and sliced olives to the top of each pocket.
Click on the recipe card below to print it from a Google Documents page