Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fabric Frame & T-Shirt Upcycle


Recently, the hubby and I were cleaning out our closet and drawers to get rid of clothes that we don't wear anymore and I landed on a shirt that I didn't want to part with.  I lived in Okinawa growing up and so I wasn't ready to give up this Okinawa shirt.  I've had a frame without the glass (I was a bit clumsy!) lying around for a while that I've been meaning to do something and inspiration hit me; frame the shirt!


Materials:
  • Shirt
  • Frame
  • Fabric
  • Stapler
  • Scissors
  • Double Sided Tape

Instructions:
  • Cut the fabric in long strips 

  • Wrap the fabric around the frame and staple it at the back of the frame so that it's secure. Use a few pieces of double sided tape to secure certain pieces
  • Cut the shirt so that it's slightly larger than the backing of the frame then secure it to the backing with the stapler
  • Put it all together: 

So now I have given a whole new life to my T-shirt and I have reused an old frame :)  This project could be used for so many other sentimental T-Shirts, like old team shirts, school shirts, etc!



No comments:

Post a Comment