Monday, October 22, 2012

Bloody Halloween Decorations

Have you ever used the bloody Halloween decorations that are meant for the window then been disappointed that it left residue behind when you took them down?  Yeah, that was me last year.  But not this year! No siree!  This year I decided to make my own decorations that would leave my windows clean.


Materials:
  • Wax paper
  • Red paint (we got sample paint from Home Depot)
  • Paint brushes or sponges
  • Tape
  • Scissors

Instructions:
  • Prepare your painting area with newspaper or trash bags.
  • Cut out the size wax paper that you want to you.
  • Paint on the wax paper.  We painted bloody words, bloody hands and dripping blood.
  • Let the paint dry then tape the wax paper to your windows with the paint facing away from the window.  This means that if you intend to paint bloody words then you must do it backwards.
View during the day:
 View at night:
View during the day:
 View at night:

Now, I get to decorate with the bloody signs and not have to worry about scrubbing down my windows again!  



No comments:

Post a Comment