Every year I make a little something for everyone. We've done tins filled with baked goods, mason jars containing cookie mix and plates of Christmas cookies so far. This year I decided that we should give everyone hot chocolate since I found this recipe from Mom Advice and it was so delicious that I had to share!
- Stirring sticks (peppermint sticks dipped in almond bark)
- Hot cocoa mix
- Saran Wrap (I used red since it's more festive!)
- Christmas Scrapbook Paper
- Christmas themed labels
- Sandwich bags
- Stapler & staples
- Add hot cocoa mix to the sandwich bags. We put 2/3 of a cup in each bag so that it made 2 cups of hot cocoa.
- Next cut out a big enough rectangle from your scrapbook paper so that you can fold in half and cover the part of the sandwich bag that doesn't have any hot cocoa in it.
- Write the instructions on the inside of the scrapbook paper. I had my hubby do it since he has amazing handwriting!
- Fold the rectangle in half.
- Cut two little slits at the upper left corner on the front of the folded scrapbook paper. Cut a piece of ribbon and feed it through the two slits. This is where you will be attaching the stirring sticks.
- Cut out a rectangle of saran wrap then wrap it around the stirring sticks.
- Staple the scrapbook paper to the bag of hot cocoa.
- Next tie the ribbon around the stirring sticks.
- Write your holiday greeting on the labels then stick them onto the front of the scrapbook paper.
Here's a shot of Bones guarding all of the gifts:
So that was my Christmas present for neighbors, bosses, friends and coworkers this year :)