Monday, November 28, 2011

A Snow-Inspired Centerpiece for Winter



I recently came across this centerpiece from Cleverlyinspired & loved everything about it!  It's pretty, looks like snow & reuses wine bottles, so I decided to make my own :)


Materials:

  • 3 wine bottles
  • white spray paint
  • Spray Adhesive
  • Acrylic Sealer
  • Epsom Salt
  • Colorful feather, flowers, sequined branches, etc
  • Decorations-ornaments, little wrapped Christmas boxes, candles, etc

Instructions:
The CleverlyInspired Blog Post has great instructions and pictures, but here are my own :)
  • Remove the labels from the wine bottles.  Soak the bottles in warm water then peel the labels off.  Use rubbing alcohol to remove the excess.
  • Spray paint the bottles with the white spray paint then allow them to dry.
  • Spray the bottles with spray adhesive then roll them in epsom salt.  I did this twice so that I'd have a thick amount of "snow."
  • Shake the bottles to get the excess salt off then spray them with the Acrylic Sealer.  This gives them a shine & helps prevent some of the salt from falling off.
  • Set them on a large round mirror and begin adding your decorations!
  • I added little ornaments, but you could add a number of things to make this project absolutely gorgeous!
  • Put your colorful feather, flowers, sequined branches, etc into the bottles and you're done!

So  my new centerpiece for my dinning room table is incredibly festive and completely dazzling! 

4 comments:

  1. I love how this looks. How will these store? Can you touch them or will the salt come off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on wrapping them like a glittery ornament when I put them away at the end of the holiday season. I'll wrap them in newspaper and be prepared for salt to come off next year when I unravel them. Unfortunately the salt comes up pretty easily. I'm going to try a few more coats of sealer to see if that helps.

    They are even more gorgeous in person so I definitely recommend making them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info. I can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amber, i really like these! they turned out well.

    ReplyDelete