Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sandal Upgrade



This post is all about upgrading a plain, boring Dollar General pair of sandals to something more fun :)  I used the retrocam app on my phone for this post because well, I haven't used it in a while and I thought it'd be a nice change! :)


Before and After: 


Materials:
  • Hot glue gun & hot glue
  • Pair of Sandals (mine were $5 @ dollar general)
  • Fabric (I grabbed some black material from the scraps bin for less than $1)
  • Scissors
  • A scrap piece of paper
  • A needle
Instructions:
  • First you need to cut out your pattern.  You can do a small 5 petal flower like I did, a circle or flowers with more petals. 


  • Next use your pattern to cut out roughly 50 little flowers (or circles) out of your fabric by using the pattern & needle 


  • Each flower will need to be folded in half twice and secured with small dots of hot glue.


  • Now it's time to add our flowers to the shoe. Use dots of hot glue to secure the flowers to the sandal. 


  • I went back and forth adding the flowers so that they slightly overlapped one another.  It takes a bit of patience to glue 25 flowers to each sandal but it's well worth it! 


The finished product:




Hope you like my new sandals!

1 comment: