Sunday, November 27, 2011

My Christmas Wreath



It's a new holiday season, so my door needed a new wreath!  I used Pinterest to figure out what kind of wreath that I wanted to make and then settled on a deco mesh wreath like this one from Mardi Gras Outlet.  


Materials:
  • Deco Mesh
  • Wire hanger
  • Wire
  • Pliers
  • Wire cutters
  • Ribbon
  • Decorations such as words, ornaments, bells, etc
Instructions:
  • First, I had my hubby bend a wire hanger into a circle so that I had a base for my wreath
  • I followed the instructions on this blog to add the deco mesh to the wreath base

  • Next I began to add ribbon around the wreath.  I used small pieces of wire to secure the ribbon to the deco mesh.  I also added Christmas-y words and ornaments to it.
  • I added jingle bells to the top of it so I could have a jingle to my door :)

  • The last step was to put it on the door!  Voila!

So that's my Christmas wreath!  It took about an hour to make so I was able to watch X-Men: First Class with my hubby while making it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment