Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Homemade Decorations

This is my first blog and I've decided to devote it to decorations that I've made around my house.


I took an old window frame and turned it into a personalized decoration for my dinning room.  It took a while to sand it down, but it was well worth it!  I edited the pictures of my dogs in picasa to make them the same colors as those in my dinning room.




These are wine bottles!  I covered them in hemp which took a ton of hot glue and time.  Next I added different kinds of fabric flowers to the bottles using hot glue.  I made paper flowers for the bottles, but I didn't want them all to be the same so I made origami cranes for the last one and hung them on the floral wire that I used for the paper flowers.


My dvd shelf was really boring, so I spruced it up with some frames and ribbon.  The frames were each a dollar from dollar general and I had the ribbon around the house, so this was an incredibly cheap project!


This is another cheap project!  The pictures were edited on my phone to be just black and white then I printed them on red paper and framed them.  


I made this for my husband for our 2nd wedding anniversary.  The first step was to hollow out a lightbulb which I learned how to do using this tutorial: Hollowing out a Lightbulb.  Next I bent wire into hearts and set them to the side.  I wrapped Styrofoam in wrapping paper and cut a hole at the top the size of the bottom of the bulb and hollowed out some of the Styrofoam to place the lightbulb in it.  I pressed the wire into the styrofoam then put the lightbulb in there.  The little piece of paper on it says "You light up my life."  This project was made by stuff I found around my apartment, so it didn't cost me anything!


These are glass cream soda bottles that have been spray painted white.  The paint was only a dollar and the flowers were on sale at hobby lobby for half off, so this was another cheap project!


I hope everyone liked my sample of a few of my homemade decorations.  



1 comment:

  1. Amber you are sooo creative! These are all amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete