Saturday, August 20, 2011

Make a Door Wreath to Welcome All!


I have seen a few awesome wreaths on Pinterest and I finally decided to make one of my own!  Our home wasn't nearly as inviting until I made this project.



I bought the wreath on sale at Hobby Lobby, then the next step was to cover it in yarn.  I didn't double up to ensure that every part of the wreath was covered because I liked the look of it showing some of the wreath underneath.  Wrapping the wreath in yarn takes a while, so if you decide to do this then find a good movie or television show to watch before you start!

These gorgeous letters came from Hobby Lobby as well.  I just painted them with leftover paint from another project and then hot glued them to my wreath.

Next I added the flowers.  These are two of the types of fabric flowers that I used on my wreath.  I also used two rosettes on the wreath.

I had a huge nail ready for my wreath and I had been keeping it on the shelf by my front door for a few months, but my husband threw it away!  I asked him about it when he came home yesterday and he told me that he got sick of seeing it just sitting there day after day.  I guess that I need to find a new place to put things!  We got a cute wreath hanger that was only a few dollars at Wally World.

 I can't wait to come home to it each day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment