No-Spend February ended up going really well for us and it wasn't too difficult to abstain from purchasing non-bill items! We went to a few free events around town, had friends over, cooked at home, packed picnics, went hiking, and sought out relaxing activities that don't cost a dime!
Sunday, March 13, 2016
Sunday, March 6, 2016
Annnnnddddd we're now two months into the year! February was a difficult but fun month. There was a lot going on that made it a bit stressful, but I certainly fit in time for self-care as well! How did your month go? I hope that you're doing well on your resolutions. If not, then know that there are 10 more months!
- Exercise at least three times a week for 20 minutes unless sick or on vacation. This was a tough one to stick to this month after hurting my ankle at the end of last month. I stopped using the boot and started increasing the intensity of my exercise slowly the rest of the month. I am nowhere near what I was doing at the beginning of the year and that's really disappointing. I know that I can get there again!
- Improve self-esteem. I did not spend any time in my workbook in February. This is definitely an area that I've been downplaying, but certainly need to pick up!
- Eat 6-8 servings of fruits and veggies. I would say that I'm at about 80% compliant on this one. I do really well during the week when I'm packing my lunch and have to plan out each meal, but the weekends are tough! I did better this month than last though :)
- Prioritize nature over drinking. I went on two long hikes with friends in February and spent two days at the dog park with my pups!
- Have another no-spend month like Jon and I did a few years ago. We were totally successful in completing our no-spend month! It went really well and I'm super proud of us :) Here's my other post about how that went: No-Spend February
- Reserve my time for things that are important to me like rest, dates with the hubby, exercise and hiking. The Google calendar continues to work perfectly for my family! We have been putting dinners, hikes, exercise sessions, events and appointments on there and it's working out very well. Last month we found out that I'm not so good at making accurate calendar events because I'll just put every event at 1 hour instead of the actual time, so in January my husband was very confused at why I was still getting my hair done after an hour! I have been making an effort to schedule actual times in the calendar and it's helping clear up some confusion!
- Eat foods from other countries. We only ate French food in addition to the other foods that we ate last month, so I'll need to pick up the pace next month! It was difficult to eat food from other countries without going out to eat.
- Practice better self-care. In February, I communed with nature, talked about my feelings with others, went hiking, celebrated friendship, ate lunch with my husband, packed picnics, and colored. There is still room for improvement, but I am proud of what I did do.
- Enlist support. I have amazing friends that were totally ok with hanging out at home or going to free things like hiking. I am so thankful for the wonderful people in my life that helped me meet my goals! Here the guys are at a friends house playing video games:
Tuesday, February 2, 2016
Woah guys, it's February already! January really flew by! I think I did a pretty decent job on my resolutions this month. I had a few setbacks, but that's ok! I have 11 more months to work on these resolutions :) How are you doing on yours?
-Exercise at least three times a week for 20 minutes unless sick or on vacation. I was doing pretty spectacular on this resolution until MLK weekend. I was playing an arcade version of hopscotch and twisted my ankle! I know, it's kind of a ridiculous story, but I swear it's true! I fractured my ankle and ended up in a boot. I count being in a boot as "sick," so I still stuck to my resolution!
Saturday, January 2, 2016
I can't believe that it's 2016 already! 2015 was busy and went by quickly. I didn't even blog during the year! I'm going to start out this blog with some reflection before diving into my resolutions. I feel like it's important to know where you came from in order to go forward. I found this on Pinterest and I'm going to use it to organize my thoughts on the year.
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
It has been such a long time since I blogged! Over a year since I've shared with the blogosphere! Well, I'll catch you all up: I threw some more parties, achieved almost all of my 2013 resolutions then set new resolutions for 2014, I renewed my vows with my husband, watched my brother get married, visited New York City, moved to Oregon, dyed my hair purple and now I'm unemployed for a bit :) All caught up!
Saturday, August 10, 2013
July flew right past me! I'm still in shock that it's already August. We made some great progress on our 2013 Resolutions! We celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary this month! One of my resolutions is to be more thankful & I gotta say that I am thankful each and every day that I've spent with my hubby!
Thursday, August 8, 2013
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Ok, so when I said that I'd do this on a weekly basis..I lied. I missed last weeks post! I did all of the uploading though, so I didn't completely fall off of the wagon! The album that I went through is a mixture of different trips all around England, so I'm not exactly sure where each shot was taken, but it was still amazing to go through them all!
Thursday, July 18, 2013
I have a new project! I love having things to work on and plan out! This new project involves scanning all of dad's old photo albums. I've decided to devote one evening per week to this task and decided that Thursday would be perfect as it's Throwback Thursday (#tbt on instagram, twitter, etc)! I started off with these shots from our trip to Athens, Greece & it took me about 20 minutes to get all of the scanning done. The cropping, fixing red eye and tagging places & faces in Picasa took a bit longer, but it was all worth it! I am so excited to have all of these pictures on my computer now!
Saturday, July 6, 2013
We made it to the halfway mark of the year!!! I can honestly say that I feel great about my 2013 Resolutions thus far. Sure, I have days or weeks where I'm not totally happy with my results, but it's still been great overall. We still use each Sunday to discuss our progress and although it can be frustrating, it's also rewarding to know that we're sticking to our plan.
|Beautiful flowers from my family!|